Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Shopping For Cake Decorating Tools

To start my fondant decorating adventure, I bought some cake decorating tools. With the help of my book and the memory of my class before, I had an idea which things to buy first. I purchased a book almost 2 years ago about Cake Decorating with Fondant but I used to just enjoy looking at the pictures of the beautiful cakes. Now thankfully it will be put to good use! I even bought a Magazine from Wilton before but haven't really applied them. Well now is the time!

It was fun going to baking shops and looking for the things that we can use. It took me some time figuring out what to buy first keeping in mind my budget. But it was tempting to buy all those artsy-crafty tools! They were like the ones used for PLAY DOH! Anyway, I had to buy something to start the fondant experience.

The 4 Things I bought to start my Fondant Cake Decorating Adventure:

1. Small Rolling Pin - For rolling small amounts of fondant. It was cool because it had ring bands on each of the ends so that when you roll out the fondant, it will be even.

2. Large Rolling Pin - For rolling bigger amounts of fondant to be used for covering cakes. I think I chose a nice rolling pin because it said that it was "non-stick". When I thought non stick was only for cooking pans!

3. Fondant Smoother - It's used for smoothing out the fondant. When I first saw that before, I thought of what the carpenters use when they smoothen the cement on walls!

4. Graver Tool - This is used to carve or put small details on fondant. I wanted to buy the 10 pc Fondant Tool Set from Wilton but due to budget constraint, I convinced myself to buy a cheaper version. Maybe I'll buy that when I become more professional in the future!

The tool set included: Bone Tool, Shell & Blade Tool, Ball Tool, Scallop & Comb Tool, Serrated & Tapered Cone Tool, Tapered Cones 5/6 Tool, Bulbulous Cone Tool, Flower/Leaf Shaper Tool

If you're looking for cake decorating tools, Wilton would be the best choice for the brand to buy but it is quite expensive. But I think it is really worth it for the variety they offer and the quality of the products.
Click here to know more about tools for fondant decorating

I even went to a Toy Store to look for possible tools. Since I thought fondant is like clay, I might see Play Doh materials that we can use. Sadly, they don't sell the tools separately. The tools and the Play Doh comes in package but the toys were cool and I think they can be used for fondant as well!

Then I went to a Craft Store. Maybe I can buy some things that sculptors use. Fondant is like sculpting too right? Or not! I didn't find anything there yet.

So there we have the books. We have the tools. Next, practice how to make the fondant! I hope I can still remember it!

2 comments:

  1. Embark on a decadently creative pursuit with our fondant art classes where you'll get a chance to beautifully decorate cakes, cupcakes & cake pops so let’s have a lookcake art and fondant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betting Tips: 1xBet korean | Licensed Bet
    1xBet korean Betting Tips. In the online betting world, 1xBet is the only one. In the best 1xbet giriş soccer betting markets, you could find a variety of

    ReplyDelete