Friday, April 15, 2011

Cake Decorators in the Philippines

http://www.flickrcc.bluemountains.net/flickrCC
I admire the skills of Professional Cake Decorators. They have earned the respect of the people through the works that they have created which shows their talent and passion for what they do.

1. Chef Heny Sison - She was my teacher and continues to be my inspiration until today. When I was younger, I used to watch her on TV because of the beautiful cakes she creates and of course the delicious desserts! She is a premier cake decorator and one of the well respected name in the culinary industry in the country.

2. Penk Ching - Her name is famous for cake decorating here in the Philippines. She has created really beautiful cakes for big personalities in the country. Together with her sister, they own Pastry Bin where they cater to a wide array of clients. I think she was even recognized internationally when she made a replica of the bird's nest stadium in the Beijing Olympics.

3. Mrs. Avelina Florendo - She is known to be the Philippine Cake Queen and a pioneer in cake decorating in the Philippines. I got to meet her before when we guested for a TV morning show and her personality was a charm. With our short chat she got me inspired into taking up a cake decorating course. She owns CSS Bakeshop in Cubao and has also made the cakes of some of the weddings of big personalities in the country.

4. Dexter's Bakeshop - I always pass by their bakeshop in Katipunan but I have learned the inspiring story of the founder. He has worked hard to teach himself the art of cake decorating and has made a name for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment